- 1 year Import or Export related qualification at NQF level 3 and 4.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have specialist knowledge of freight forwarding and clearing documents, procedures and practices gained through at least 5 years related experience in a shipment controlling capacity.
- Must have experience on Road Freight Pricing and Cross Trade experience.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Have a good knowledge of international trade principles.
- Have knowledge of the local trading market, inco terms.
- Have understanding of tariff calculation concepts.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer and sales environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently and handle pressure.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plan freight movement.
- Cost freight movement, prepare estimates for both new, current business for sales, servicing and
Sea freight Import and Exports.
- Process administration related to the shipment file.
- Record and reporting on sales estimates.
- Negotiate third party rates and keep CRM updated.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.