- 1 year freight forwarding related qualification at NQF level 3 and 4.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have specialist knowledge of freight forwarding and clearing documents, procedures and practices gained through at least 3 years related experience in Seafreight/Airfreight Import controlling capacity.
- Customs and other statutory body cargo clearance procedure.
- National currencies and international codes.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Attention to detail and handle pressure.
- Can communicate with the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Plan freight movement of imported cargo.
- Coordinate the freight movement and customs clearance.
- Cost freight movement and prepare estimates.
- Arrange insurance cover and process claims.
- Process administration related to the shipment file.
- Effect creditors’ disbursements and process debtor’s invoices.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
|Job Category||Air freight and Sea freight|