- Min 3-year warehousing/logistics related qualification at NQF level 5.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 5 years’ experience in the warehouse environment
at managerial/supervision level.
- Sound knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Full grasp of GE/Transnet productions requirements.
- Must have knowledge of LPNs and KITS characteristics and requirements.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Computer literate (good in excel).
- Good administration skills.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Balance profitability with service delivery.
- Efficient management of human resources.
- Coordinate; control the receipt, storage and dispatch of freight.
- Determine and control freight handling, storage and housekeeping processes.
- Check and report any discrepancies.
- Monitoring of freight handling equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all OHS requirements.
- Compile weekly and monthly customer reports.
- Consistent delivery of all KPIs.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
|Job Category||Contract Logistics / Warehouse|