- One year warehousing/logistics related qualification.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 3 years’ experience in the warehouse environment
- at supervision level.
- Sound knowledge of warehouse management systems.
- Full grasp of GE/Transnet productions requirements.
- Must have knowledge of LPNs and KITS characteristics and requirements
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work independently.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Handle pressure.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Supervise the activities of subordinates.
- Process freight movement documentation.
- Check and report any discrepancies to the warehouse manager.
- Storage and dispatch of freight.
- Ensure compliance with all OHS requirements.
- Determine and control freight handling, storage and housekeeping processes.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
|Job Category||Contract Logistics / Warehouse|