- FIATA Diploma or equivalent.
- 3-year freight forwarding qualification.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years freight forwarding experience with a minimum 5 years in management capacity.
- Demonstrable experience & extensive knowledge in all facets of the business, including but not limited to, customs clearing, sea freight, contract logistics and new business sales.
- Sound knowledge of current management practices.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Strong financial acumen with a flair for numbers.
- Have the demonstrated ability to identify and develop new business opportunities within current and new client base.
- Solid business and leadership acumen.
- The ability to implement strategic drivers within the business.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Drive the development and implementation of the branch operational plan.
- Monitor and maximise the branch’s resources and ensure operational efficiencies.
- Ensure that the financial controls are adhered too and managed in line with company policy and procedures.
- Provide leadership, guidance and motivation to the branch management team and staff with regards to the
behaviour and performance expected.
- Assist quality control manager in the encouragement of attitude and effort towards continued quality upliftment.
- Service clients and monitor service levels.
- Manage, control and be accountable for branch budget and results.
- Active participation to develop new business.
- Manage the branch financial housekeeping ensuring that the branch financial records are current at all times.
- Ensure that all communication from executive and management level is effectively communicated to all branch employees.
- Align the branch operational strategy to the company strategy and ensure effective implementation of the strategy within the branch.
- Comply with the requirements of quality management system.
|Job Category||Air freight and Sea freight|