- FIATA Diploma or equivalent 3-year freight forwarding qualification.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 7 years import experience in freight forwarding industry of which two years were served at managerial capacity.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that works independently.
- Attention to detail and handle pressure.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
- Have budgeting and forecasting skills.
- Have the demonstrated ability to identify and develop new business opportunities within current and new client base.
- Have knowledge of business process re-engineering and analysis.
- Have the ability of turning strategy into operations implementation.
- Have knowledge of current management practices.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Administration of shipment files.
- Appoint sub-contractors and monitor their performance.
- Arrange insurance cover and process claims.
- Coordinate the customs clearance of bond store cargo.
- Coordinate freight movement and customs clearance of import cargo.
- Cost freight movements and prepare service estimates.
- Effect creditor’s disbursements and process debtor’s invoices.
- Import sales and servicing.
- Manage the import department.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
|Job Category||Air freight and Sea freight|