- Information Technology related qualification at NQF level 5.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 4-5 years IT support experience in an environment with similar IT systems and requirements.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that don’t need to be told what to do and how to do it
- Attention to detail and handle pressure.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
- Be action and results orientated.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide Hardware support on all Corporate Hardware e.g. PC’s, Mobile Worker Warehouse & Scanners and other peripheral devices.
- Provide Software support on all corporate software e.g. Compu-Clearing, Lotus Notes & all Microsoft products.
- Support on local and wide area networks.
- Support and update anti –virus protection inclusive of In-houses PC’s.
- Ensure all Servers are operational maintaining and up time of 99%.
- Ensure all servers are backed up daily, and system restores are tested monthly.
- Ensure all In-house PC’s are backed up monthly. Escalate any failures to the IT team leader.
- Pro-active management of all systems prints queues, these include open spool, and VPS and LAN print queues.
- Co-ordinate with Customer and IT team leader to find downtime slots for upgrades and maintenance.
- Resolutions and escalation of IT incidents are formally reported to IT Infra Manager.
- Ensure change control procedure are adhered to and enforced in conjunction with Corporate IT.
- Ensure all corporate standards are adhered to.
- Ensure legality of all software loaded on PC’s.
- Ensure user’s backup all business data residing on their PC’s.
- Ensure PC’s are updated monthly with the latest anti-virus protection software.