- 3 year Sales & Marketing related qualification at NQF level 5.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Have good knowledge of international trade principles.
- Have an understanding of air and sea freight forwarding practices and procedures.
- Have 5 years working experience as a sales representative in a service industry of which at least 2 years was in the Airfreight and Sea-Freight sales clearing & forwarding industry.
- Have knowledge of the local trading market, inco terms.
- Have an understanding of tariff calculation concepts.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
- Have advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
- Have decision making, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Be action and results orientated.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Acquire new business.
- Facilitate the processing of credit applications.
- Attend to client servicing.
- Record client information.
- Cost freight movements and prepare service estimates.
- Report on sales activities.