- 3 year Sales & Marketing related qualification at NQF level 5.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the clearing and forwarding industry.
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role and demonstrate track record.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Sales and Marketing Practice in the Freight Forwarding Industry.
- Demonstrable experience & extensive knowledge in all facets of the business, including but not limited to, customs clearing, sea freight, contract logistics and new business sales.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Have problem solving and decision-making skills at management level.
- Have the ability to implement strategic drivers within the business.
- Have the ability to drive the team, meet the expected outcome of areas of responsibility.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Have good knowledge of international trade principles.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for planning and organizing a team to deliver on target against a deadline.
- Implement the sales strategy aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Target business based on the Ideal Customer Profile (ICP) and ensures we deliver value over the long term in order to retain the business.
- Manage the overall sales process in order to meet targets.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of sales related cost and results.
- Maintain and manage sales incentive programs that monitor performance aligned with business strategy to achieve the company revenue targets.
- Recruit, manage and motivate appropriate team members and develop them through training and mentorship to ensure delivery and continued career growth.
- Protect our corporate image and reputation and manage Company risk including identifying high risk clients, opening accounts, credit limits, STC’s, claims process.
- Manage internal and external communications to the relevant stakeholders.
- Provide tactical and strategic input at Senior Management level.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.