- Certificate in Customs or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Min 3 years clearing experience.
- Sound knowledge of commercial, customs and other statutory body requirements and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of customs and Excise Act – rules – schedules and guidelines.
- Full understanding and working knowledge of the customs act.
- Good knowledge of Excel and MS Word.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Have sound knowledge of IncoTerms.
- Have full understanding and working knowledge of the customs act.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Have knowledge of tariff calculation concepts.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Batching bill of entry for submission to customs.
- Internal collection and distribution of cheques.
- Reconciliation of deferred payment statements.
- Tracking of containers.
- Tracking of customs entries and releases.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
A package commensurate with technical experience and responsibility of the position
Applicants who meet the above criteria are invited to submit comprehensive CV’s to the Human Resources Department on the following email address – firstname.lastname@example.org