Division: Air Freight
Branch: JNB Airfreight
Education Level: Matric and 1-year freight forwarding related qualification at NQF level 4 and 5.
Years Of Experience: 5 - 8 Years
Date Available: 14/09/2022
Submission Deadline: 28/09/2022
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Attention to detail and handle pressure.
- Can communicate with the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates the forwarding of cargo.
- Obtain freight and landside rates.
- Plan freight movement.
- Visits client when required.
- Plan freight movement of imported cargo.
- Coordinate the freight movement and customs clearance.
- Cost freight movement and prepare estimates.
- Arrange insurance cover and process claims.
- Process administration related to the shipment file.
- Effect creditors’ disbursements and process debtor’s invoices.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Have specialist knowledge of freight forwarding and clearing documents, procedures and practices gained through at least 5 years related experience in Airfreight Forwarding & Import controlling capacity.
- Sound knowledge of Shipshape