Branch: Head Office - Finance
Education Level: LLB (Commercial Law)
Years Of Experience: 5 - 8 Years
Date Available: 12/07/2022
Submission Deadline: 26/07/2022
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that works independently.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall risk management of the company, includes but not limited to reviewing, updating, and maintaining the company’s risk register by collaborating with the respective risk owners.
- Accept appointment as the Compliance Officer for the company, ensuring compliance with all laws, regulations including POPIA and PAIA.
- Conducting compliance reviews of all client information and identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Provide expert legal advice to the business on various compliance technical matters in line with best practice.
- Manage and review the current insurance policies in the company and the claims with the company insurers, ensuring that the company is adequately covered against all risks in all trading activities.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Assist with special requests and projects as required which may be outside the scope of your normal duties.
- Min 5 years post articles experience in a similar role in the freight forwarding industry
- Knowledge of POPIA and PAIA.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting commercial contracts.
- Proficiency in drafting of legal contracts.
- Proficient stakeholder management knowledge and / or skill.
- Engage with clients in a client centric manner as legal processes can end up quite uncomfortable when discussing risks and responsibilities, the incumbent must be able to handle tough discussions in a polite and delicate manner so as to not upset the customer but ultimately protecting the interests of Röhlig-Grindrod.
- Working with people and have the ability to impart knowledge to the team.
- Deciding and initiating action. Delivering and meeting expectations.
- Writing & reporting.
- Adhering to principles and values
- Presenting and communicating information.
- Achieving personal, work goals and objectives.
- Adapting & responding to change. Coping with pressure.
- Formulating concepts & strategies.