Education Level: 1-year customs related qualification at NQF level 3
Years Of Experience: 5 - 8 Years
Date Available: 13/07/2022
Submission Deadline: 27/07/2022
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Dynamic self-starter that works independently.
- Ability to handle pressure.
- Can communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Adaptable as this is a constantly changing environment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Processing of customs and other statutory body documents required for customs.
- Audit products against customs and other statutory body requirements
- Generate costing sheet when required.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Update Harmonised Customs Tariff and related books.
- Additional duties and responsibilities related to the position delegated by the superior from time to time.
- Minimum 6 years import/customs experience in the Clearing and Forwarding Industry of which at least 3 years were in a customs framing entry capacity Commercial, transport, carrier & depot and statutory body documents & stamps
- Commercial, transport, carrier & depot and statutory body documents & stamps
- Product specific freight handling & movement requirements
- Basic international trade principles
- Applicable sections of Import & Export control Act – Knowledge of all relevant Acts. Geography
- Functional business objectives and strategies. Company service charge
- Knowledge of INCO Terms Carrier & depot conditions of trade
- Tariff calculation concepts. Knowledge of tariffing
- National currencies and international codes
- Computer literacy. Good communication skills ( Verbal &Written)
- Situation analysis and problem solving. Good Interpersonal skills
- Client orientation
- Accuracy and Methodical. Handle pressure and attention to detail