- 1 year Customs related qualification at NQF level 3 and 4.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years Import/Export experience in the clearing and forwarding industry of which at least two years were in a shipment controlling capacity.
- Sound knowledge of the customs act.
- Tariff calculation concepts.
- Have sound knowledge of IncoTerms.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Dynamic self-starter that doesn’t need to be told what to do and how to do it.
- Attention to detail and handle pressure.
- Communicate within the team and contribute to the overall success of the team.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Process customs and other statutory body documents required for customs clearance.
- Generate costing sheets when required.
- Update harmonised customs tariff and related books.
- Process vouchers of correction documents to obtain release of goods detained by customs.
- Comply with the provision of the customs accreditation system.
- Audit products against customs and other statutory body requirements.
- Process and generate Duty Refunds and Provisional Payment Liquidations.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.