- 3 year Sales & Marketing related qualification at NQF level 5.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of sales and marketing principles.
- Have good knowledge of international trade principles.
- Have an understanding of Air and Sea freight forwarding practices and procedures.
- Min 5 years of progressive sales executive experience and a demonstrated record of sales growth
for 2 years’ in clearing & forwarding industry.
- Have knowledge of the local trading market, inco terms.
- Have an understanding of tariff calculation concepts.
- Customer service orientation – Able to handle a demanding customer environment.
- Have advanced written and verbal English communication skills.
- Have decision making, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Be action and results orientated.
- Be presentable and a team player.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Facilitate processing of credit application.
- Implement the strategy for meeting sales performance targets.
- Cost freight movements and prepare service estimates when required.
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify mutual expectations of performance and growth.
- Maintain and update client record information.
- Provide quarterly results assessments of sales activities.
- Acquire new business as well as continued expansion among existing clients.
- Open business development dialogs with strategic customers.
- Comply with the requirements of the quality management system.
- Established means of communication between:
- The different groups involved in delivering the service to the customer?
- The different groups involved in delivering the service and the customer?
- 10% Weighting
- Demonstrate value add and continuous improvement strategies in the existing customer base.
|Job Category||Contract Logistics / Warehouse|